Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Tuesday Teaser & Tuesday Thinger


Tuesday Teaser is hosted by Should Be Reading and asks you to...
1. Grab your current read.
2. Let the book fall open to a random page.
3. Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page. You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!
4. Please avoid spoilers!


George was fingering the amulet beneath the cloth of his tunic as he squinted at the face of the gatekeeper.

"Was your head crushed in battle?" he asked. Sir Andrew frowned as George's impulsiveness.

--The Plague by Joanne Dahme



This week Tuesday Thinger Question: Do you visit the memes section often? Have you visited recently? Have you discovered anything that surprises you when you visit the memes for your library?

Here are the current meme's available:
You and None Other. Books shared with exactly one member.
Dead or Alive? How many of your authors are dead?
Dead or Alive Comparison How do you stack up against others?
Male or Female? What gender are your authors?
Work Duplicates. Works you have more than one of.

I have to admit, I didn't even know this section was on the site.

I glanced briefly at mine and learned that about 90% of my authors are alive, which doesn't surprise me too much as I read a lot of contemporary books. I also thought this...Zombies (?)
None yet...was a pretty funny entry under Dead or Alive.

I also looked at my male to female ratio on authors, as didn't have any idea what this figure would be, and about 2/3 of them are female. There are also about 50 of my authors that aren't set as male or female, so I will work on updating those.

What do your stats look like?

No comments: