Friday, March 13, 2009

Friday Finds



Friday Finds is hosted by Should Be Reading. This weeks finds are:

--The Vagrants by Yiyum Li, mentioned at Reading Room. The subject matter is heavy, but it's gotten really good reviews.

--The Winter Sea (also known as Sophia's Secret) by Susanna Kearsley, mentioned at A Girl Walks into a Bookstore. I love historical fiction about Scotland. Outlander got me hooked on this time period, and this one looks really good. Unfortunately, Amazon doesn't have any available and shows it as out of print. ***But, Susanna Kersley was kind enough to send me an email and let me know that The Winter Sea can be ordered here or here!

--I Know It's Over by C. K. Kelly Martin, mentioned at Books by Their Cover. I've been reading a lot of YA lately, and this book's description caught my eye. I enjoy YA books that focus on real life issues facing teens today.


What did you find this week?

1 comment:

Missy B. said...

I found "The Orchard" by Adele Crockett Robertson. It isn't a new book, but it is one I have never read and it sounds wonderful.