Saturday, March 14, 2009

This Week in Books...


It's time for another peek in my mailbox to see what books arrived this week.

Saturday:
--My Father's Paradise: A Son's Search for His Jewish Past in Kurdish Iraq by Ariel Sabar. This was a contest win from Fresh Ink Books.

Monday:
--Briar Rose by Jane Yolen
--Songs for the Missing by Stewart O'Nan
--The School of Essential Ingredients by Erica Bauermeister

Thursday:
--Testimony by Anita Shreve

This week I am most excited about Briar Rose. This YA book is the retelling of the Sleeping Beauty story, but it's set during the Holocaust. I have heard great things about it and The True Story of Hansel and Gretel, but I don't have a copy of that one yet.

What arrived in your mailbox this week?

4 comments:

Lenore Appelhans said...

I just added Briar Rose to my wish list. Thanks for the great tip!

Sandy Nawrot said...

Well, you know how I feel about The School of Essential Ingredients! Read it next!!! I also loved Testimony, although it was pretty intense, but that is what we love Shreve for, right? Hansel and Gretel is another one I finished recently and liked.

Erika Powell said...

great week! School of Essential Ingredients looks really good

Melissa said...

Lenore: Glad to help!

Sandy: I know! I have so many books I want to read next. If only I didn't have to work...

Erika: It was another great week, but I am running out of shelf room!