Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Tuesday Teaser & Tuesday Thinger



Tuesday Teaser is hosted by Should Be Reading and asks you to...
1. Grab your current read.
2. Let the book fall open to a random page.
3. Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page. You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!
4. Please avoid spoilers!

The two women talked with each other in Thai for several minutes, and Math explained everything. Tana looked over at Randy every once in a while and gave him ugly looks just to keep him wondering what they were talking about.

--Siam Nights by J.F. Gump



Today's Tuesday Thinger question from Wendi: Were you aware of the Early Reviewer Program? Have you received any books from the program? If you have, how have you liked the book(s)? Any other thoughts on the LTER program?

I have been a member of the LT Early Review program for over a year, and I have gotten some really good books through them.

My library and reading tastes are pretty diverse, so I have been very fortunate to receive quite a few books from them. I currently have 10 books tagged as LT Early Review books and I just got notice today that I will be receiving another book from the February selections.

A couple of my favorite books that I received from the program are Monique and the Mango Rains: Two Years with a Midwife in Mali by Kris Holloway (review) and Takeover by Lisa Black.

I really like that the LT Early Review program takes into consideration what you have in your library when handing out review copies. I think this helps publishers get the books into the hands of people will enjoy them the most. While this isn't always perfect, it adds a dimension that is hopefully beneficial to the publishers.

7 comments:

Ambrosia @ The Purple Booker said...

heres my tuesday Tease

http://icewarmth.blogspot.com/2009/03/teaser-tuesday-2.html

jlshall said...

LT has been very good at finding Early Reviewer books for me - so far, they've all been books I've enjoyed. And I'm a little surprised at that because my LT library is so diverse and eclectic. The algorithm must be all-knowing.

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

Your teaser is a new to me; hope you are enjoying it. Here's mine:

http://bibliophilebythesea.blogspot.com/2009/03/tuesday-teasers.html

Carebear said...

Love this idea. I've had another blog in the works for weeks, but just haven't gotten to it yet. It's called Read Out Loud and will be a place for sharing original writings, book reviews, and hopefully, eventually author interviews etc. Here's my Tuesday tease from page 76 of Snowfall at Willow Lake by Susan Wiggs:
The ring of a cell phone sounded, causing Sophie's captor to tense, reminding her that she was a trigger-squeeze between life and death. One of the men she had noticed earlier - the name Karl stitched on his catering livery - rifled through the jacket of a fallen security agent and took out a mobile phone.

A fun and exciting, mind-candy read!

Erika Powell said...

great teaser, those ugly looks seem intriguing!

Unknown said...

Ooooh, I don't know if I could survive with the name "Math" - ugly looks or not, I want to know what those women were talking about too!

Wendi said...

Monique and the Mango Rains sounds very interesting - I'm always amazed at how much I enjoy the ARCs I do receive - I find that my book preferences have widened since I started getting them, and I'm glad - I'm learning more all the time!

Thanks for stopping by and participating in Thingers last week! I've got the post up for this week, we're taking a look at the section called LT Member Giveaways. ~ Wendi