Friday, March 6, 2009

It's not all about me...

I saw this fun meme at The Book Lady's Blog and had to do one too! This one is fun because it's not all about me! So, sit back and learn some things about my hubby too.

What are your middle names? Mine is Marie,and his is Andrew

How long have you been together? We will have been married 2 years in March, and we were together for a little over a year before getting married.

How long did you know each other before you started dating? About 8 years.

Who asked whom out? Neither one of us. We'd known each other for so long, and it just kind of evolved.

How old are each of you? We are both 30, but I am technically 6 months older. Hubby is constantly rubbing in the fact that I'm older than he is.

Whose siblings do you see the most? Both pretty evenly. We only live about 2 hours from most of our family, so we see them all fairly often.

Which situation is the hardest on you as a couple? I would have to say communication. Hubby, like a lot of men, isn't the best at communicating his feelings and this is hard for me as I like to talk everything through.

Did you go to the same school? Nope

Are you from the same home town? No

Who is smarter? I'd say equally, but in very different ways. I do well with book and school type learning. I have a good memory and this always helped out with tests and such. Hubby is much more mechanically inclined. He can build things that I don't even begin to understand.

Who is the most sensitive? I'd have to say me, but neither one of us is terribly mushy about things.

Where do you eat out most as a couple? We don't eat out a ton, but we have a local steakhouse that has wonderful prime rib. We also love Mexican food or Red Lobster.

Where is the furthest you two have traveled together as a couple? We took our honeymoon before the wedding, because of other commitments, and it was a wonderful trip to Hawaii.

Who has the craziest exes? Neither one of us. We must have both dated normal people.

Who has the worst temper? He does. It usually only comes out when he is working with his brother and dad, but they can get in some pretty loud yelling matches.

Who does the cooking? We both do. He is wonderful about both cooking and helping get stuff ready if I am cooking.

Who is the neat freak? Neither one of us are too bad, but he hates clutter. He is always asking if we can throw more things out.

Who is more stubborn? He would say he is, and he is stubborn, but I definitely hold my own. Sometimes this can be a bit of a problem...

Who hogs the bed? He does! If I let him he would take over the whole thing. I have a rule that he must move over to his side of the bed before falling asleep. Even when I make him move, he still crowds me.

Who wakes up earlier? He does, during the week he has to be at work much earlier than I do. On the weekends he is usually up first too. I am not a morning person.

Where was your first date? I really don't know. We were both out of school and kind of settled when we got together so we did dinner a lot at each other's houses. We rarely see movies in theaters, so I can't even give the standard dinner and a movie answer.

Who is more jealous? This has never been an issue, so hopefully neither of us.

How long did it take to get serious? We got serious fairly fast. Because we had known each other for so long, and already knew all his family, we didn't have that long getting to know each other period.

Who eats more? He does, but with certain things (Hot Tamales) I could out eat him any day. I don't understand how he doesn't have a sweet tooth. That isn't normal!

Who does the laundry? I usually do, but mostly that's because I'm home on the weekends and he's not. If he's running low on laundry and I haven't gotten to it, he has no problem doing it.

Who’s better with the computer? Me, but I spend a huge chunk of each day glued to it.

Who drives when you are together? It depends on where we are going and what vehicle we are driving. I don't like driving his pickup, mine is a little smaller. He also drives a lot further to work then I do, so if we are going very far,I try to drive just to give him a break.


Thanks for listening to my ramblings on my oh so exciting life with hubby. Feel free to play along. I'd love to see your answers!

3 comments:

Karen Harrington said...

What an interesting list. I haven't seen this meme. You know, one could almost use this as a character sketch for a book. Hmmm....

Sandy Nawrot said...

You are too cute! You are a newlywed! I loved reading your answers. I am afraid if I played this meme, my husband would hear about it from the wives of his co-workers and he'd be horrified!

Literary Feline said...

Happy Anniversary this month! I do the same to my husband who is three months older than I am. :-)

I enjoyed reading about you and your husband, Melissa!