Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Tuesday Teaser & Tuesday Thinger


Tuesday Teaser is hosted by Should Be Reading and asks you to...
1. Grab your current read.
2. Let the book fall open to a random page.
3. Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page. You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!
4. Please avoid spoilers!


High expectations-great,
I burned myself again.
You'd think by now I would
have learned to underachieve.

-Impulse by Ellen Hopkins

I've been on a bit of a YA kick lately, but this one is a little different than some other YA books I've read. The entire book is free verse poetry. I've never read poetry and didn't know what to expect, but I have to say, I love this book!



This week on Tuesday Thingers Wendi asks: Were you aware of the Member Giveaways Program? Have you posted any books in the giveaway? If so, what are your thoughts on the program? Have you requested any books, and if so, did you win any?

I noticed the program a few weeks back but haven't had much time to look it over. I think it's a good way for authors to get in touch with even more readers, but it seems like most members use it as a way to clear off their bookshelves. There isn't anything necessarily wrong with this, but it seems the swap sites, like Bookmooch or Paperback Swap, might be an easier way to do this.

I requested a couple of books from the member giveaways when I first noticed the program, but didn't win any of them. I haven't checked back to see what the new offerings are.

5 comments:

Erika Powell said...

that is a great teaser, but it makes me a little sad

My Teaser Tuesday post

Ellen Hopkins said...

Glad you found it and gave it a try.

S. Krishna said...

Wow, I would find free verse poetry too intimidating. I'm glad you're enjoying it!

Melissa said...

Erika: It's not a light subject, but it is really well done.

Ellen: Thanks so much for stopping by! I finished Impulse yesterday and loved it.

S Krishna: I was intimidated at first too, but once I got going it wasn't hard to read at all.

avisannschild said...

Yeah, I think I would have found this intimidating too. Glad to hear you enjoyed it so much!