Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Quarterly Reading Challenge Update

I meant to do this at the end of the first quarter, but my procrastination skills were working overtime and I never got it done. But since I had good intentions, I'm going to call this my quarterly update anyways.



I am well on my way to completing my 100+ Challenge with 70 books read so far this year. Last year I read the most books I've ever read in a year with 110, and I am well on my way to surpassing that number this year.


The 999 Challenge is going well too. I have finished 69/81 and think I will be able to complete this one without too much of a problem.


The Read Your Own Books Challenge is the one I am failing miserably at so far. To date, I have only completed one book off my list of ten. I just started another book from the list today, so at least I will have completed two.



The ARC Challenge required 12 books to be completed and I have completed 31 so far, so I am technically done. I am leaving this challenge "open" though to see how many I get done in a year.



I am struggling a little with the Countdown Challenge and it is coming to an end soon. I have 37/45 completed and once I get caught up on my ARCs this will be where I focus my energy.



The Classics Challenge is another hard one for me. I have so many classics that I want to start, but just haven't made the time for them. So far I've completed 1/4.




The War Through the Generations (WWII) Challenge is going ok. I have 2/5 done so far, but I have so many WWII books that I want to read that I don't think this one will be too hard to complete.


I finished my Non-Fiction Five Challenge yesterday, and still need to write my wrap up post on the books I read. I knew this challenge would be easy to complete with all the memoirs I read.
I have signed up for the Book Awards Challenge but haven't started it yet. I just received Olive Kitteridge from LT and I think it will be my first book for this challenge.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with my challenge progress except for the Read Your Own Books Challenge. Hopefully I will feel motivated to read some of them soon!

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Wow, you have a lot of challenges and are doing great! Its so cool that you write about your progress too! :)

Cindy said...

an award for you :)

Lenore Appelhans said...

I am not doing so well on my challenges...