Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Tuesday Teaser


Tuesday Teaser is hosted by Should Be Reading and asks you to...

1. Grab your current read.
2. Let the book fall open to a random page.
3. Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page. You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!
4. Please avoid spoilers!


Today's teaser is:

And years after now, when I think about that time and that man and when I think about the woman I was and the baby Nisa was, I still cry. Not all the time, but some of the time.

This is from Something Like Beautiful by Asha Bandele, pg 108 of the ARC version.

I just started this one last night and am only a few pages in, so this was a bit of a teaser for me too.

1 comment:

Sandy Nawrot said...

"Life before Nick - I tucked it into an imaginary silk pocket, filled it with sand - an irreducible element, lean and barren. From time to time I would tear at the silk until finally I had created the smallest of holes. It was then that my unhappy past began to drift away, one finite grain at a time."

Sorry I cheated, I gave you three sentences, but it was required. This is from the book I am currently reading "Remembering Blue" by Connie May Fowler. It has thoroughly hypnotized me. I will be writing my review on it in the next couple of days, if I can find the words.