Saturday, January 24, 2009

This Week in Books...


I have received some wonderful books in the mail this week, both for review and from Bookmooch and Paperback Swap.

Saturday:
The Survivors Club: The Secrets and Science that Could Save Your Life by Ben Sherwood. This is a audiobook for review from Hachette Book Group
There's a (Slight) Chance I Might Be Going to Hell: A Novel of Sewer Pipes, Pageant Queens, and Big Trouble by Laurie Notaro from Paperback Swap

Tuesday:
Plum Wine by Angela Davis-Gardner from Bookmooch
Siam Nights: A Love Story by JF Gump. This book was generously sent by the author for review. Mr Gump also included a second copy to be given away. Check back soon for more details on this giveaway.

My reading schedule is mostly back to normal and I was able to finish 2 books this week. I am getting fairly far behind on reviews, though, and my goal for this week is to get them written and scheduled for posting.

7 comments:

Sandy Nawrot said...

That title "There's a (Slight) Chance I May Be Going to Hell" has got to be the best title of all time. Michele at Reader's Respite was talking about it a week or so ago. We were all wishing someone would read and review it! You're the woman, Melissa! Let us know if the book is as good as the title!

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

Nice haul; I received several good one this week too. Don't you just love PBS?

Melissa said...

Sandy: I don't know that I will get to it soon, but will let you know when I do!

Diane: I love PBS! I could (and somtimes do) spend hours on that site.

Lenore Appelhans said...

Lots of good stuff - looking forward to your reviews.

avisannschild said...

I'm also intrigued by the title Sandy mentioned!

Where did you get the button for this post? I like it! Is it one I could use too?

Melissa said...

avisannschild: Use away...It's just a clip art mailbox that I found somewhere. I liked it too!

avisannschild said...

Thanks Melissa!