Saturday, January 31, 2009

This Week in Books...



I had a great book week! I received some wonderful things and two of the books I finished this week were great. This week I got:

Saturday:
--Matrimony by Joshua Henkin. This was a contest win from Julie's Jewels and included and wonderful note from the author.

Monday:
--Pretty Is What Changes by Jessica Queller from Bookmooch
--Scarpetta by Patricia Cornwell from Bookmooch

Wednesday:
--The Horizontal World: Growing Up Wild in the Middle of Nowhere by Debra Marquart from Paperback Swap

Thursday:
--BoneMan's Daughters by Ted Dekker from Hachette Books
--A Charmed Life: Growing Up in Macbeth's Castle by Liza Campbell from Paperback Swap


This week I finished Delicate Edible Birds by Lauren Groff (review) and Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet (review) and I would highly recommend both of them. I also finished Tell Me Where it Hurts by Nick Trout and will have a review up on it soon.

6 comments:

Literary Feline said...

It's always fun to see what the mail carrier brought someone else during the week.

I made a point of making a big deal of The Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet to my husband while we were at the bookstore yesterday in an effort to encourage him to think ahead to Valentine's Day. I'm not sure it will work though.

I've read Matrimony from your list and hope you enjoy it!

Sandy Nawrot said...

I am just blown away by how many books you can put away in one week's time! Both of your reviews this week sounded wonderful, and were excellently written. The Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet intrigued me from the standpoint of time travel, since I am knee deep into the Outlander Series.

Sandra said...

A nice week for you. I reviewed and had a giveaway of Matrimony too, he's a nice author to deal with. I hope you enjoy the book. I get books though Bookmooch and Readers United. I won Hotel on the Corner so I'm glad it's good. I love the title of the Groff book, don't know what it means though. Happy reading.

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

I'm jealous :) No new books for me this week. Just library books! Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! You have Ted Dekker's new book! I have a couple of his books to read for an upcoming challenge. I really look forward to reading your thoughts on this one.

Melissa said...

Literary Feline: Hotel on the Corner was wonderful, so hopefully your hubby got the hint.

Sandy: I usually can get through about 2 books in a week, and feel lucky if I've had time for more.

Sandra: I haven't heard of Readers United before. I will have to look it up.

Diane: Library books are good too! If we had a bigger library I would use it more, but hubby jokes I have more books than the library does.

J. Kaye: Ted Dekker is a new author for me so I am excited to read this one.