Thursday, January 22, 2009

Booking Through Thursday...Inspired

Since “Inspiration” is (or should) the theme this week … what is your reading inspired by?

The number one thing my reading is inspired by is my mood. There are times when just can't decide what to read next. I have books everywhere, and they all looked interesting to me at one time or another, but what I pick next is definitely inspired by my mood. Do I want something quick and fun, or something takes a involves a little more thinking? Fiction or non-fiction?

My reading (or at least my acquisition of books) has also been inspired by certain subjects. Once a subject catches my attention I tend to be a bit single minded in finding more about whatever it is. For example, I find all things Russian fascinating and have tons of fiction and non-fiction, in lots of different time periods, set there. I don't know when I will get them all read, but they are at my fingertips when I feel so inclined.

What is your reading inspired by?

4 comments:

S. Krishna said...

I think mood is a great answer - I didn't think of it when I was answering!

Literary Feline said...

Sometimes having too many choices can be a curse because you want to read them all at once! LOL Of course, the plus side is that you have something that can fit just about any mood, right?

I'm with you on being inspired to read more about a particular topic or time period when something catches my fancy. One good book leads to another and opens many more doors.

Confuzzled Shannon said...

I have so many things that inspire me can't even list them all.

Dave said...

As a blogger, I'm always torn between reading what is "hot," to get a sense of what others are reading, or simply focusing on what intrigues me. I usually split my time between the two.
My favorite reading time comes on vacation, when I can immerse myself in books about the place I'm visiting. I make it a point to visit local bookstores to get recommendations about local authors.