Saturday, May 2, 2009

This Week in Books...


This week brought a lot of books to my door! My reading slowed way down in April, so I didn't have many books to get rid of. My kitchen counter is filled with books that don't have a space in my book shelves.

Saturday:
--Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson from Amazon
--Willow by Julia Hoban from Amazon

Monday:
--Bloom by Elizabeth Scott from Paperback swap

Tuesday:
--The End of the Alphabet by CS Richardson from Bookmooch
--Last Last Chance by Fiona Maazel from a Twitter contest win
--The Greatest Knight: The Unsung Story of the Queen's Champion by Elizabeth Chadwick from Sourcebooks
--The Know-It-All: One Man's Humble Quest to Become the Smartest Person in the Worldby A. J. Jacobs from Bookmooch

Thursday:
--First Comes Love, Then Comes Malaria: How a Peace Corps Poster Boy Won My Heart and a Third World Adventure Changed My Lifeby Eve Brown-Waite from the author as a contest win



This week I was thrilled to receive First Comes Love, Then Comes Malaria. After Jen and S Krishna's great reviews I knew this was one I had to read!

6 comments:

Vasilly said...

I've only read The Know-It-All and The End of the Alphabet. Both are great reads. I'm running out of room myself when it comes to books.My books are all over my bedroom floor. =)

Happy reading!

Sandy Nawrot said...

I have heard many good things about a number of these books...you raked them in this week! Better get busy!

Lenore Appelhans said...

First comes Love...sounds really good. I'll have to get that one too.

Marie Cloutier said...

Awesome. The Know It All is one I'd love to read.

avisannschild said...

Whoo-hoo, you've gotten so many books I really want to read! I'm particularly interested in First Comes Love, Then Comes Malaria, which I think I might be getting from Tina at Bookshipper (fingers crossed!).

Zibilee said...

I have heard really good things about Wintergirls and The Know-It-All. I am really looking forward to your reviews of both!