Saturday, December 13, 2008

Written in Blood by Sheila Lowe


The widow of a rich, older man, Paige Sorensen is younger than - and hated by - her stepchildren. And they're dead set on proving that she forged their father's signature on his will, which left his entire estate, including the Sorensen Academy for Girls, to her. Claudia admits she's intrigued by this real-life soap opera, and breaks her first rule: never get personally involved. But she's grown attached to a troubled Sorensen student - and when disaster strikes, she'll realize that reading between the lines can mean the difference between life and death.

I was interested in this book because of the handwriting analysis originally and was immediately drawn into the book once I started reading. The details on handwriting analysis are fascinating and really added to the story. The story moves along swiftly and before I knew it I was halfway through the book.

Overall, the characters were well written and believable, but there were a couple of times that I wished I could shake Claudia, the main character, and ask her what she was thinking.

The layout of the story reminded me a little of the Abby Cooper books, which I really enjoy. Written in Blood followed the same pattern of the main character getting into a scrape and her cop boyfriend coming to her rescue. Parts of the storyline were a little predictable, but there were some surprises too. I will be on the lookout for the next book in this series! 3.5 stars
A special thank you to Sheila Lowe for sending me this copy to review!

No comments: