1. Tag 3-5 people, so the fun keeps going!
2. Leave a comment at the original post at A Striped Armchair, so that Eva can collect everyone’s answers.
3. If you leave a comment and link back to Eva as the meme’s creator, she will enter you in a book giveaway contest! She has a whole shelf devoted to giveaway books that you’ll be able to choose from, or a bookmooch point if you prefer.
4. Remember that this is all about enjoying books as physical objects, so feel free to describe the exact book you’re talking about, down to that warping from being dropped in the bath water…
5. Make the meme more fun with visuals! Covers of the specific edition you’re talking about, photos of your bookshelves, etc.
1. What is the book that has been on my shelf the longest?
I have quite a few books from my elementary and middle school days that I have been meaning to re-read. I couldn't bear to part with my copies of Tuck Everlasting, The Witch of Blackbird Pond, and Bridge to Terabithia so they are still on my shelves. I also have a book called It's Raining, Said John Twaining: Danish Nursery Rhymes that my mom said was favorite when I was little.
2. What is a book that reminds me of something specific in my life?
My husband is not a reader and never will be, but for some reason while I was reading Plainsong by Kent Haruf he picked it up and started reading it too. We both had a bookmark and would argue about who got to read the book next. It was really nice to have someone to discuss a book with as I was reading it.
3. What is a book I acquired in an interesting way?
A couple of my favorite books came from my Grandparents house. We were cleaning it out to be sold and everything was being divided between my aunts and uncles. A couple of books that I asked for were old hardback copies of The Phantom Tollbooth and The Thorn Birds,which has Grandma's name and date written in the front.
4. What is the book that has been with me the most places?
I've travelled a fair amount but can't think of a single book that has been on more than one trip with me...
5. What is a bonus book that I just want to talk about?
The book that I end up recommending to people all the time is Outlander by Diana Gabaldon. It is my favorite book and I love getting others hooked on the series. I don't re-read too many books, but I honestly couldn't tell you how many times I have read this one.
I am taggingMy Thoughts...Your Thoughts?
Lori's Reading Corner
Rhonda's Corner of the World