Thursday, September 18, 2008

Booking Through Thursday...


Autumn is starting (here in the US, anyway), and kids are heading back to school–does the changing season change your reading habits? Less time? More? Are you just in the mood for different kinds of books than you were over the summer?

I have much more time to read during the summer. With the long evenings I will sometimes be the only one home until 8pm or so. This gives me lots of time to get caught up on my reading.

Since it gets dark sooner now, my husband is in the house earlier, dinner gets eaten sooner, and sometimes we are off to be earlier too. My husband is not a reader and likes to watch TV in the evenings. Unless I go to a different part of the house, I can't read because I get distracted to easily.

What I read doesn't really change though. I tend to read a wide variety anytime, so the change in the weather doesn't really affect that.

1 comment:

Literary Feline said...

I hadn't even thought of the TV aspect. It would probably be fair to say that I do read a little less during the TV season. Does that count as a real season. ;-)