Tuesday, July 22, 2008

I Feel Bad About My Neck: And Other Thoughts on Being a Woman by Nora Ephron


With her disarming, intimate, completely accessible voice, and dry sense of humor, Nora Ephron shares with us her ups and downs in I Feel Bad About My Neck, a candid, hilarious look at women who are getting older and dealing with the tribulations of maintenance, menopause, empty nests, and life itself.


I actually picked this book up for my mom, but have a hard time having a book in my possession, and not reading it, if it looks remotely interesting. This was a quick read, and it had some mildly funny moments, but not the laugh out loud stuff I really enjoy. It definitely is meant for an older audience and I probably would have enjoyed it more if I was part of their target market, and more of the situations actually applied to me. 3 stars

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree - I'm not at that stage of life (yet!), so I didn't connect to the writing as much as someone just 10 years older might.

I did enjoy Ephron's dry wit; maybe I'll revisit the book in another decade!

Traci said...

I wanted to let you know that I've nominated your blog for this meme. Don't feel pressured to participate, but if you'd like to, you can read about it here