Saturday, July 12, 2008

The Arthurian Omen by G. G. Vandagriff


Is the story of King Arthur history or myth? In this spellbinding novel, a Celtic scholar is murdered when she finds a clue to a priceless 13th century manuscript that will provide the true identity of King Arthur. The victim's sister takes up the quest to uncover the relic, but quickly realizes that someone close to her is the murderer. As pursuit of the manuscript winds through the ruined castles and monasteries of Wales, more than one reason emerges for keeping the manuscript and the legend buried in the past.


I can never resist a fast moving, exciting treasure hunt and The Arthurian Omen didn't disappoint. I was instantly drawn in to the mystery as well as the location, the Welsh countryside. The story moved smoothly through many twists and turns and the final twist was one I didn't see coming at all. Parts of the book were predictable, but I read these kinds of books strictly for entertainment value, and Omen kept me entertianed. 3 stars

2 comments:

Literary Feline said...

I thought this was a fun book to read too. :-)

S. Krishna said...

I really want to read this book! Great review!