Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Tuesday Thingers!


Today’s question is about tags- do you tag? How do you tag? How do you feel about tagging- do you think it would be better to have standardized tags, like libraries have standardized subject headings, or do you like the individualized nature of tagging? What are your top 5 tags and what do they say about your collection or your reading habits?


I do tag, but most of my tags are pretty specific to my library. I haven't really gotten into tagging time period, main characters or other general tags. The only one I use that might be helpful to others would be my non-fiction tag. I also don't tag any books but those in my library.


I like the individualization of the tags, but I also like the over lap of what people use. I do browse the tag clouds occasionally just to see if anything looks interesting.


My top 5 tags are: TBR (640), Read & Passed On (124), Non-Fiction (85), Read 2007 (63), Read 2008 (49). That shows that I have way too many books sitting around waiting to be read!

1 comment:

Jacquie L Reaville said...

I check out other people's tags too but mostly I stick with my own. That is a lot of books to be read!