Thursday, December 3, 2009

TwentyTen Reading Challenge


While I loved the 999 Challenge last year, I'm skipping the 101010 Challenge on LT this year as I just don't think there is any way I'll be able to complete it. What I liked most about the 999 Challenge was the categories and finding books to fit into them. So, I was thrilled to find the TwentyTen Reading Challenge hosted by Bart's Bookshelf. It has the categories I love, but on a much smaller scale.

Rules:
-Read 2 books from each category, making a requirement of 20 books total.
-The categories are intended to be loose guidelines only, if you decide it fits, then it fits. (Apart from those marked **)
-Categories marked with ** have tighter rules, and these must be followed.
-Each book can only qualify for one category.
-Crossovers with other challenges are allowed.
-Books read from 01/01/2010 to 31/12/2010 are eligible.


Young Adult
1. Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
2. The Dead-Tossed Waves by Carrie Ryan

TBR**
1. Bright Light, Big Ass by Jen Lancaster
2. Waiting for Daisy by Peggy Orenstein

Shiny and New
1. Tricks by Ellen Hopkins
2. Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

Bad Blogger's**
1. Still Missing by Chevy Stevens (Trish @ Hey Lady)
2. One Deadly Sin by Annie Solomon (Becky @ My Thoughts, Your Thoughts)

Charity
1. Broken by Karin Slaughter
2. Lucid Intervals by Stuart Woods
New in 2010
1. Secrets of Eden by Chris Bohjalian
2. The Things That Keep Us Here by Carla Buckley
Older Than You
1.
2.

Win! Win!
1.
2.

Who Are You Again?
1. Tears of Pearl by Tasha Alexander
2. Never Tell a Lie by Hallie Ephron

Up To You...Memoir
1. Some Girls: My Life in a Harem by Jillian Lauren
2. A Gift from Brittany by Marjorie Price

2 comments:

Jaime said...

This looks like a challenge I'm going to have to check out! The 101010 challenge is just too much for me... it essentially means that every book I read next year would have to meet one of those categories. Too much!

Sandy Nawrot said...

I'm signing up for this one. I am trying to figure out how I can cross over my challenges to kill two birds with one stone. It was just too clever to pass up!