Thursday, October 8, 2009

Booking Through Thursday...Would You Lie?

Since I missed answering this question last week and there isn't a new one up, I'm going to go back and get caught up.

Suggested by Monibo:
Saw this article (from March) and thought it would make a good BTT confessional question: Two-thirds of Brits have lied about reading books they haven’t. Have you? Why? What book?




I am going to assume that the article isn't referring to required school reading and lying about reading those books....

The fact the two-thirds of Brits have lied about reading a book doesn't surprise me. I would expect to see similar results for the US as well. Also, the fact that most people lie about reading the classics doesn't surprise me either. For most people, me included, the classics seem to be books that you read in school because you have too. I am slowly trying to get caught up on reading those I missed.

I haven't ever lied about reading a book, but there are lots of books I wish I'd already read so I could discuss them with others. Sometimes I feel like I'm the last person in the world to read a book, but I don't see any benefit to lying about it.

Have you ever lied about reading a book?

No comments: