Thursday, August 20, 2009

Booking Through Thursday...Recent Best



What’s the best book you’ve read recently?
(Tell me you didn’t see this one coming?)






A couple of "best" books came to mind as soon as I read this question. The first one is What I Thought I Knew by Alice Eve Cohen (review). I rarely give 5's, but this nonfiction book had me hooked from the first page. The story was amazing, well written and pulled at your heart. Even if you don't usually read nonfiction, this is one book to check out.

Another recent favorite is The Chosen One by Carol Lynch Williams (review). This young adult book about a polygamist group and a young girl who is trying to break free is engrossing. Don't let the young adult age group mislead you either. The Chosen One appeals to many adults too.

As a final recent best I'd have to mention The White Queen by Philippa Gregory (review). This historical novel set during the War of the Roses is a great start to a new series, and one I will continue to follow.

9 comments:

gautami tripathy said...

Haven't read any but I see those in many blogs. Sound good!

Booking through recent best

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

I just became aware that The White Queen is the first in a series. Awesome. I'll definitely have to get my hands on a copy sooner rather than later.

Unknown said...

oooh the White Queen, seems to be getting a lot of buzz.

Jenny said...

After your review I put What I Thought I Knew on my library hold list and I am only 2 or 3 in line now!

I want to read The White Queen! This might motivate me to start the other series by her too.

Sandy Nawrot said...

Yeah, The White Queen is definitely at the top of everyone's list these days. I have never even dabbled in that genre, but was recommended to start with this one if I get the urge!

jlshall said...

I've got "The Chosen One" on my must read list, even though I don't usually read much YA fiction. Sounds like a really good book.

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

The Chosen One was good; better than I expected!

Susan said...

It was hard for me to pick just one favorite, so I did a top five :) Here's my BTT.

Caroline said...

My recent best books would have to be Best Friends Forever by Jennifer Weiner and I just read Marley and Me. ( I know I'm a little behind on that one.)