Thursday, February 11, 2010

Claire update


Thank you all so much for your well wishes and congratulations on Claire. She is a wonderful baby, very happy and truly a joy to be around.

Claire ended up spending 12 days in the NICU and has already undergone one surgery on the outside of her heart. She did wonderfully and was home just 3 days after this surgery. Her next heart surgery will probably be in 1-2 months.

I have loved being at home with Claire and am not looking forward having to go back to work in a few weeks. Thankfully, I am only returning to work 3 days a week, so I will still be able to spend lots of time with my girl.

Thank you all for sticking with me and my blog though all of my down time. I finally have a little time for reading and hope reviews will be posted regularly soon.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wishing you much happiness!
- Kathleen

Passages to the Past said...

She is just sooo pretty! Congrats again and thanks for the updates!!

avisannschild said...

What a cutie! Glad to hear you are both doing well.

Darlene said...

Claire is so sweet! I'm glad she's doing well. Keep us posted!

Kelly said...

Melissa, she is absolutely beautiful. I am so happy to hear that surgery went well and little Claire was in the comfort of her own home so soon. What a little fighter she is! Good luck with her next surgery. I will be praying she makes another speedy recovery and will be sending lots of positive energy your way! Keep us posted:)

Sandy Nawrot said...

Thank you so much for sharing a picture of the little angel. God bless her!

Maxine said...

Thanks for posting the picture. She is SO beautiful! Congrats again.

Kathleen said...

She is absolutely PRECIOUS!

Mimi said...

Oooooho, so adorable, I love her little face! And that shock of hair!
Sigh.
Continued prayers, and I'm so glad she's home.

Jenny said...

She's precious!!

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

What a doll; this is very encouraging Melissa.

Anonymous said...

She just precious. What a little doll. Thanks for sharing with us and take care.

kay - Infinite Shelf said...

I'm so glad to hear she's doing great! She is such a cutie, congratulations!

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

she's absolutely beautiful! Congratulations, Melissa!

Teddy Rose said...

It sounds like she is a tough little baby. My thoughts are with you!

Zibilee said...

Melissa,she is just beautiful! I am so glad she went through her surgery well and that she is such a little fighter! Congratulations, I hope she brings you much joy.

Dawn @ sheIsTooFondOfBooks said...

What a beautiful baby girl! I'm glad to know that her first surgery went well and that you are all doing well at home.

Mystica said...

Wishing you and Claire the very best for the future.