I signed up for the Countdown Challenge last year, and wasn't quite able to finish it. But, I had so much fun and read some books that had been on my shelf forever so I am going to give it another try this year.
1. The goal of this challenge is to read the number of books first published in a given year that corresponds to the last digit of each year in the 2000s — 10 books from 2010, 9 books from 2009, 8 books from 2008, etc. The total number of books required, therefore, is 55.
2. This challenge lasts from 9/9/09 through 10/10/10.
3. Crossovers with other challenges are allowed and your lists may change at any time.
4. Sign up using Mr. Linky.
5. Have fun reading!
2010 - Completed
1. Remarkable Creatures by Tracy Chevalier (review coming soon)
2. Alice I Have Been by Melanie Benjamin (review coming soon)
3. Winter Garden by Kristin Hannah (review)
4. Some Girls: My Life in a Harem by Jillian Lauren
5. Kisser by Stuart Woods
6. Avenging Angels by Mary Stanton
7. The Dead-Tossed Waves by Carrie Ryan
8. Still Missing by Chevy Stevens
9. Lucid Intervals by Stuart Woods
10. Secrets of Eden by Chris Bohjalian
2009 - Completed1. Dragon House by John Shors (review)
2. The Promised World by Lisa Tucker (review)
3. Admission by Jean Hanff Korelitz (review)
4. Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick (review coming soon)
5. Fear the Worst by Linwood Barclay (review)
6. Hothouse Orchid by Stuart Woods (review coming soon)
7. Die for You by Lisa Unger (review coming soon), audio
8. The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown (review)
9. Lift by Rebecca K. O'Connor (review)
20081. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (review)
2. The Dirty Secrets Club by Meg Gardiner (review coming soon), audio
3. Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Strout (review)
4. Disquiet by Julia Leigh (review coming soon)
5. Impossible by Nancy Werlin (review)
6. The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks by E. Lockhart (review)
7. A Gift from Brittany by Marjorie Price
20071. Story of a Girl by Sara Zarr (review coming soon), audio
2. Undercover by Beth Kephart (review coming soon)
3. Tallgrass by Sandra Dallas (review)
4. Bright Light, Big Ass by Jen Lancaster
5. I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You by Ally Carter
20061. The Thin Place by Kathryn Davis (review)
20051. Let Me Go by Helga Schneider (review), audio
20041. Belly Laughs: The Naked Truth about Pregnancy and Childbirth by Jenny McCarthy (review)
20031. A Dog Year: Twelve Months, Four Dogs, and Me by Jon Katz (review)
20011. The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory (review)